Just a few things I thought you should know…
1. You are cute as a button but don’t let that over shadow how smart and tenacious you are. I have all faith that one day you will rule the world.
2. I know I am not around so much but that doesn’t mean that I care about you any less. If you ever need me just say the word and I will be there.
3. You are so very lucky to have awesome parents and an amazing family that loves you. Sometimes they might not seem so awesome but trust me they totally are.
4. Your imagination is the most powerful skill you have. Whether you are creating magic, mermaid, princesses with me or your pretending to be a mop while I clean the living room floor with you, it’s all amazing. In the future that skill will be even more valuable than diamonds and gold so keep up the good imagination work.
5. Some people might call you a “girly-girl” but ya know what? That’s OK because there is nothing wrong with being a girl. Girls Rule! You can be any kind of girl you want regardless of what other people might say.
6. Be brave! I know sometimes that new things are scary and you don’t really know what’s going to happen but you will always have someone to help you up again if you fall. So if it’s a water slide or a new school be brave and give it a try, you might really like it.
7. Yes, I am always this sappy. You will be forced to endure notes and cards and gifts that are likely to embarrass you for a long time coming. You are stuck with me and as someone who loves you, it is my personal responsibility to tease you. I take that duty very seriously.
8. I hope you have a very happy birthday and I can’t wait to see you, your mom and dad at the American Girl Doll store!